chieftec_ban_160.gif

logo minifile

::>Motherboards > 2015 > 07 > ASUS J1900I-C

Print version
Republish review

06-07-2015

rss

Motherboard ASUS J1900I-C: review and testing

Continuing our meeting to motherboards with integrated quad-core processor Intel Celeron J1900, we will talk about a compact model ASUS J1900I-C in format Mini-ITX. In addition to size, it compares favorably with a diverse set of ports and connectors, traditionally high build quality, as well as the support for modern digital video output HDMI.

ASUS J1900I-C

But before we go directly to its review, we recall that the detailed characteristics of the installed Intel processor you can learn from the material devoted to the GIGABYTE GA-J1900N-D3V. But in the meantime we look at the characteristics of the hero of this review.

The specs:

Producer 

ASUS

Model

J1900I-C (rev 1.02)

CPU socket

Socket BGA1170

Integrated processor

Intel Celeron J1900 (4 х 2,00 − 2,42 GHz)

Graphics adapter

Intel HD Graphics: core frequency – 688 MHz (max up to 854 MHz); is located from RAM

Memory frequency

1333 MHz

Memory support

2 x DDR3L SO-DIMM-slots with memory support up to 8 GB in dual channel mode

Expansion slots

1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1

1 x mini-PCIe

Disk subsystem

2 x SATA 3 Gb/s

LAN

1 x Realtek 8111G (10/100/1000 Мb/s)

Sound subsystem

Codec Realtek ALC887

2/4/5.1/7.1-channel sound

Power

24-pin ATX connector

4-pin ATX12V connector

Fans

1 x CPU fan connector (4-pin)

1 x system fan connectors (4-pin)

Cooling

Aluminum radiator on chipset

Extenral I/O

1 x D-Sub

1 х HDMI

1 x LAN (RJ45)

1 x USB 3.0

4 x USB 2.0

1 х COM

3 x audio jacks

1 х PS/2 Combo

Internal I/O

1 x USB 2.0 each with support of two USB 2.0

1 х COM

1 x LPT

1 х TPM

1 x connector of audio output to front panel

1 x set of front panel connectors 1 x S/PIDIF Out

1 x CMOS

BIOS

1 х 64 Мb AMI UEFI BIOS

PnP, DMI2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 2.0a, WfM 2.0

Packaging

user manual

warranty card

disk with drives and documents

2 x SATA cables

1 х interface panel plug

Form-factor, dimensions

Mini-ITX

170 х 170 mm

Producer website

ASUS
Updated versions of BIOS and drives are available at support page

Package and content

ASUS J1900I-C

Package of motherboard ASUS J1900I-C has very compact dimensions, but it differs with great depth. Traditionally the manufacturer has used a thick cardboard, decorated with color printing in a corporate style. On the front side, in addition to the names of the manufacturer and model of the device, you can note the presence of electrostatic discharge protection, high-quality solid capacitors and reinforced steel interface panel, as well as support for user-friendly interface UEFI BIOS and memory modules DDR3L 1,35 B.

ASUS J1900I-C

On the reverse side of the package you can find an image of the motherboard and its brief technical specification, as well as a list of supported technologies and features:

• ASUS USB 3.0 Boost – support for protocol UASP is used to speed interface USB 3.0.
  • AI Suite 3 – bundled proprietary software that allows you to fine-tune a number of system settings without entering the BIOS.
  • Network iControl bundled allows in real-time to monitor PC activity, and set access to network resources priority to the each program.

ASUS J1900I-C

Scope of delivery includes only the most necessary, namely interface panel plug, two SATA cables, CD with software and user manual.

Design and features  

ASUS J1900I-C

ASUS J1900I-C is made on the dark brown printed circuit board in format Mini-ITX (170 x 170 mm). The strict style is added by golden radiator of CPU cooling system.

The layout of all on-board components fully complies with the compact form factor of the board. For added convenience the SO-DIMM-slots are arranged on opposite sides of the radiator, and other connectors and ports are closer to the edges of the PCB. As a result, any comments to the location of on-board items are absent.

ASUS J1900I-C

On the opposite side you can find only the processor heat sink securely fastened by screws, providing sufficient down force for effective heat dissipation.

ASUS J1900I-C

In the lower left corner of the printed circuit board you can find a connector for the CPU cooler, the port TPM and connection module of the front panel audio connector.

ASUS J1900I-C

Closer to the upper left corner there are ports COM and LPT, as well as the socket to connect system fan.

ASUS J1900I-C

The possibility of organizing a disk subsystem is presented two ports SATA3 Gb/s (yellow) arranged perpendicular to the surface of the board. Both interfaces are functioning thanks to the integrated controller. Also here is CMOS switch and connection module of the front panel.

ASUS J1900I-C

The tested model is equipped by two SO-DIMM-slots for memory modules of DDR3 standard that can operate in dual channel mode. Modules operating at frequencies up to 1333 MHz in the nominal mode are supported. The maximum amount of memory is 8 GB.

ASUS J1900I-C

Cooling system of the product includes one aluminum radiator that removes heat from chipset Intel Celeron J1900. In the process of testing the following temperature indices were fixed:

• COU cooling radiator– 44.6°C;
  • power subsystem chokes – 45.2°C;
  • field-effect transistor of power subsystem  – 43.0°C.

The results tell us that the preset passive cooling system copes with its direct tasks.

ASUS J1900I-C

ASUS J1900I-C

Processor power supply is performed via 2-phase scheme for computational cores and additional joints. The transformer is based on PWM controller RT8162A. The circuitry is made by high quality components such as: solid capacitors with increased lifetime and chokes with ferrite core. Basic 24-pin and additional 4-pin connectors are use for power feeding. 

ASUS J1900I-C

ASUS J1900I-C

To extend the functionality of the product user has two slots: PCI Express 2.0 x1 and mini-PCIe. The second connector should be used for connecting the wireless interfaces Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

ASUS J1900I-C

Multi I/O capabilities are based on chip NUVOTON NCT6779D which controls the operation of the system fans, ports COM, LPT and PS/2, as well as provides the monitoring.

ASUS J1900I-C

To support network connections there is a gigabit LAN-controller Realtek 8111G. A proprietary tool Network iControl helps manage network resources in real-time.

ASUS J1900I-C

Sound subsystem of model is based on the 8-channel codec Realtek ALC887 which supports audio formats 2/4/5.1/7.1.

ASUS J1900I-C

Interface panel of the model contains the following ports:

• 1 x LAN (RJ45);
  • 1 x USB 3.0;
  • 4 x USB 2.0;
  • 1 x COM;
  • 1 x HDMI;
  • 1 x D-Sub;
  • 1 x PS/2 Combo;
  • 3 x audio jacks.

It is a pretty good configuration interface panel, which offers five USB ports for connecting peripherals and two video outputs, including HDMI. Note the possibility of placing port LPT and additional COM to the interface panel, which significantly expands the list of supported peripherals (especially for office and industrial use). The features include only inconvenient connection of multichannel speakers with the audio outputs on the front panel.

ASUS J1900I-C

ASUS J1900I-C

The possibility of organizing the cooling system inside the body of the ASUS J1900I-C is very standard. There are two 4-pin fan connectors, one of which serves to cool the CPU, while the other is intended for the system fan.

Социальные комментарии Cackle
Site Search
facebook vk YouTube
google+ twitter rss
top10

vote

Голосование